South Pole (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
South Pole may refer to:
Terrestrial, celestial and planetary South Poles
- South Pole – the southernmost point on Earth
- South Magnetic Pole – the shifting point on the Earth's surface where the Earth's magnetic field points directly upwards
- South Geomagnetic Pole – the point of intersection of the Earth's surface with the axis of a simple magnetic dipole (like a bar magnet) that best approximates the Earth's actual more complex magnetic field
- Southern pole of inaccessibility – the point in Antarctica farthest from the sea
- South celestial pole – an imaginary point in the southern sky towards which the Earth's axis of rotation points
- For information about South Poles on other planets and Solar System bodies, see Poles of astronomical bodies
- Originally by analogy with the Earth's magnetic field, the terms "north pole" and "south pole" are also applied to magnets in general
- Southpole (clothing), a clothing company.
- The South Pole: An Account of the Norwegian Antarctic Expedition in the Fram, 1910 - 1912, by Roald Amundsen, an account by the first explorer to reach the South Pole
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title South Pole.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.