South Riding, Virginia
|South Riding, Virginia|
View of South Riding, with Freedom High School visible in the lower center
|Country||United States of America|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes 20152||Chantilly|
South Riding is a census-designated place and planned community in Loudoun County, Virginia. The population as of the 2010 Census was 24,256. . Neighboring U.S. Route 50 and State Route 28 provide access to the Dulles/Reston/Tysons Corner technology corridor and other major employment centers in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
As of 2014, South Riding has a median household income of $142,088. The average listing price for homes in South Riding is between $511,000 and $624,000. Loudoun County also ranks as the 10th most educated county in the nation.
As of the 2010 census: White 74.1%, Black 5.08%, Asian 13.53%, Hispanic 11.18%. Between 2009 and 2014, the White population is expected to grow by 25%, the African American population by 37%, the Asian population by 90% and Hispanic population by 81%.
- Cardinal Ridge Elementary
- Hutchison Farm Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary
- Little River Elementary
- J Michael Lunsford Middle School
- Freedom High School
- John Champe High School
- Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data) Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-03-08.
- "South Riding CDP, Virginia". American Fact Finder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Loudoun County Home Prices Trulia.com. Accessed 2011-08-03.
- Northern Virginia localities home to wealthiest, most educated residents Virginia Business. 2010-12-10.
- "South Riding, Virginia". loudountimes.com. Loudoun Times-Mirror. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- South Riding Developer Web Site
- South Riding Community Web Site
- Information on South Riding businesses and activities
- Dulles South
- Schools serving South Riding