South Side Weekly
|Publisher||South Side Weekly Publishing|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Circulation||10,000/issue (non-special issues)|
The South Side Weekly is an American alternative weekly based in Hyde Park covering arts, culture, and politics on the South Side of Chicago. The paper is produced by an all-volunteer editorial staff. The paper is distributed around the South Side each Wednesday in the fall, spring, and winter, with breaks during April and December. Over the summer, the Weekly publishes monthly, occasionally bi-monthly. 
The paper promotes arts and culture on the South Side of Chicago through coverage and criticism, and follows South Side news stories that largely go uncovered by mainstream media. It includes feature-length narrative journalism, essays, and a weekly calendar of cultural events.
The South Side Weekly runs an annual showcase issue of South Side neighborhoods called Best of the South Side, which features a long list of unique places and happenings.
Each winter, the Weekly releases a housing guide. The issue features a variety of articles on topics including affordable housing, renter's rights, development, and homelessness.
Each spring, the Weekly releases an arts guide, featuring a print gallery comprising submitted art from South Side-based artists. Articles in this issue focus on arts coverage, both reviews and longform pieces.
- "South Side Weekly Media Kit 2014-2015" (PDF). South Side Weekly. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- "About—South Side Weekly". South Side Weekly. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Best of the South Side". South Side Weekly. October 1, 2014. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Best of the South Side". South Side Weekly. February 3, 2015. Retrieved February 10, 2015.
- "Spring Arts Issue 2016". South Side Weekly. March 8, 2016. Retrieved May 25, 2016.