South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust|
|Region served||Middlesbrough, Northallerton|
|Type||NHS hospital trust|
|Chair||Deborah Jenkins MBE|
|Chief Exec||Siobhan Mcardle|
The Trust logged 466 breaches of the 30 minute handover rule from ambulances to its A&E department during the same period as well as 126 breaches of the 60 minute target, triggering fines of £219,000.
In the 2014 national cancer patient experience survey the trust had its best ever results with nine out of ten cancer patients rating their care at The James Cook University Hospital and Friarage Hospital as “very good” or “excellent” with some departments achieving 100% patient satisfaction in a number of areas. After being ranked one of the most highly rated trusts in England by patients, the trust has now been selected to mentor University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust as part of a volunteer "buddy" scheme to help them improve their patients’ experience of care.
It was named by the Health Service Journal as one of the top hundred NHS trusts to work for in 2015. At that time it had 7,840 full-time equivalent staff and a sickness absence rate of 4.45%. 70% of staff recommend it as a place for treatment and 52% recommended it as a place to work.
In June 2014, after 3 years of discussion, it was agreed that the Trust would replace the consultant led maternity service at Friarage Hospital with one led by midwives and transfer its specialist inpatient paediatric services to four other hospitals.
The Trust had £1.35 million to invest in new technology from the Integrated Digital Care Fund in 2015.
It is one of six centres used by the Defence Medical Services.
- "NHS reveals 'never event' figures". Sheffield Star. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Huge fines for NHS trusts as thousands of patients are kept waiting in ambulances". Northern Echo. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Bosses explain why maternity services are now in 'top ten' nationally". Northern Echo. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "'Excellent' cancer services lead to trust being chosen as a buddy". South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. 13 February 2015. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "HSJ reveals the best places to work in 2015". Health Service Journal. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "11 trusts whose DH bailouts were converted to loans". Health Service Journal. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Hunt backs maternity reconfiguration in North Yorkshire". Health Service Journal. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Commissioning supplement: External providers can lend a hand". Health Service Journal. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "NHS trust moving towards a paperless future?". Northern Echo. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2015.