South Twigg Township, Hamilton County, Illinois
|South Twigg Township|
Location in Hamilton County
Hamilton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 3, 1885|
|• Total||18.44 sq mi (47.8 km2)|
|• Land||18.39 sq mi (47.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||427 ft (130 m)|
|• Density||7.2/sq mi (2.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62817, 62930, 62935|
|GNIS feature ID||0429779|
South Twigg Township is one of twelve townships in Hamilton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 132 and it contained 71 housing units. It was formed from a portion of Twigg Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.44 square miles (47.8 km2), of which 18.39 square miles (47.6 km2) (or 99.73%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
- Walpole at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Barker and Roberts.
- Eldorado Community Unit School District 4
- Galatia Community Unit School District 1
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois's 19th congressional district
- State House District 118
- State Senate District 59
- "South Twigg Township, Hamilton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois
- Hamilton County Historical Society
||Flannigan Township||Twigg Township|
|South Flannigan Township
Tate Township, Saline County
Rector Township, Saline County
|Long Branch Township, Saline County|