South West News Service
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
It was founded as the Bristol Agency in the early 1970s. It is now run by partners Andy Young, Paul Walters and Martin Winter.
In 2010 SWNS launched the website SWNS.com (Small World News Service) as a first hand source of current affairs and general interest news.
- "Britain's biggest independent news agency expands". Press Gazette. London: Progressive Media International. 8 May 2008. Archived from the original on 7 March 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2011.
- "NAPA Members' Directory – South West News Service". Napa.org.uk. NAPA: National Association of Press Agencies. 2010. Archived from the original on 7 March 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2011.
- "About SWNS". swns.com. Bristol: Small World News Service. 10 February 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2011.
- "SWNS acquires Leeds-based news agency Ross Parry".
- Roy Greenslade. "SWNS moves into London by acquiring yet another news agency". The Guardian.
- "West Country News, Stories & Events Online – Western Daily Press". Western Daily Press.
- "Primal PR and 72 Point expand operations with launch of London offices". Brand Republic. 21 June 2010.