South West Queensland Thunder FC
|Full name||South West Queensland Thunder Football Club|
|Ground||Clive Berghofer Stadium|
|League||National Premier Leagues Queensland|
The South West Queensland Thunder is a semi-professional soccer club based Toowoomba, and represents the South West Queensland Region in the National Premier Leagues Queensland. The club was established in 2012, and play their home fixtures at Clive Berghofer Stadium.
The club fields teams in all NPL and WNPL Age Groups, as well as Skills Acquisition Program Academies for boys and girls.
Clive Berghofer Stadium is a rectangular football stadium in Toowoomba, Queensland. Situated on Mary Street on the eastern fringes of Toowoomba CBD adjacent to Queens Park and Toowoomba East State School. Formerly known as Athletic Oval, the stadium was renamed to reflect the home club's major sponsor, philanthropist property developer and former local Mayor Clive Berghofer. The ground plays host to rugby league, rugby union and football fixtures and is lit to A-League standard. The recently upgraded grandstand includes undercover seating for 2,300. The stadium has hosted international and national rugby league matches as well pre-season A-League fixtures.
Current Senior Squad
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Football Operations: Janelle Sothmann
- Technical Director: Salvatore Sottile
- Senior Head Coach: Francesco Zanoncelli
- Senior Assistant Coach: Michael Turvey
- Senior Squad Goalkeeping Coach: Rocco Traversio
- Team Manager: Jason Hall
- Physiotherapists: Lachlan and Jess Marwood
- Mens Youth Team Coach: Matthew Proctor
- Ladies Team Coach: Ken Bosence
Board of directors
- Chairman: Wade Eiser
- Vice Chairman: Jason Hall
- Director: Mandy Adams
- Director: Jon Haynes
- Director: Susan Lister
- Director: Laurie Passante
- Director: Janelle Sothmann
- Director: Thomas Carroll