South West Wiltshire (UK Parliament constituency)
|South West Wiltshire|
for the House of Commons
|Electorate||72,820 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Andrew Murrison (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Westbury, Salisbury|
The constituency was created for the 2010 general election, following the Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies tasked to the Boundary Commission, by which Parliament increased the number of seats in the county from six to seven.
The previous Westbury constituency was abolished: the northern part (including the town of Bradford-on-Avon) was transferred to the reinstated Chippenham seat, and the southern part (including the towns of Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury) formed the bulk of this constituency, which to complete it, received a minority of wards from the Salisbury seat.
The former District of West Wiltshire wards of Dilton Marsh, Ethandune, Mid Wylye Valley, Shearwater, Southwick and Wingfield, Summerham, Trowbridge Adcroft, Trowbridge College, Trowbridge Drynham, Trowbridge John of Gaunt, Trowbridge Park, Warminster East, Warminster West, Westbury Ham, and Westbury Laverton, and the former District of Salisbury wards of Donhead, Fonthill and Nadder, Knoyle, Tisbury and Fovant, and Western and Mere.
Members of Parliament
|2010||Andrew Murrison||Conservative||Surgeon Commander (RN), retired 2000; Minister of State for International Development and the Middle East since May 2019|
- For the approximate comparator before 2010, as the main predecessor seat, see Westbury.
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Ellen Nicholson||8,015||14.6||+4.8|
|Liberal Democrats||Trevor Carbin||5,360||9.8||-0.8|
|Liberal Democrats||Trevor Carbin||5,482||10.6||-19.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Trevor Carbin||14,954||30.5||+0.3|
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the county of Wiltshire". Boundary Commission for England. 20 November 2002. Archived from the original on 21 February 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "W" (part 4)
- "General Election 12 December 2019 - Wiltshire Council". www.wiltshire.gov.uk. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- "Parliamentary elections 2017". Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "UK Polling Report".
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Results of Poll, South West Wiltshire". BBC News. 7 May 2010.