South Wheatland Township, Macon County, Illinois
|South Wheatland Township|
Location in Macon County
Macon County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||28.24 sq mi (73.1 km2)|
|• Land||27.84 sq mi (72.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.39 sq mi (1.0 km2) 1.38%|
|Elevation||712 ft (217 m)|
|• Density||148.8/sq mi (57.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
South Wheatland Township is located in Macon County, Illinois, South of Decatur. As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,143 and it contained 1,861 housing units. The South Wheatland Fire Protection District consists of 5 officers; 1 Chief, 1 Asst. Chief, 1 Captain, and 2 Lieutenants, and 14 Firefighters, as well as 3 members on the Board of Trustees.
Cities and towns
- Decatur Township (north)
- Long Creek Township (northeast)
- Mount Zion Township (east)
- Milam Township (east and southeast)
- South Macon Township (south)
- Blue Mound Township (southwest and west)
- Harristown Township (northwest)
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.24 square miles (73.1 km2), of which 27.84 square miles (72.1 km2) (or 98.58%) is land and 0.39 square miles (1.0 km2) (or 1.38%) is water.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|This Macon County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|