South Wiltshire UTC
|South Wiltshire UTC|
72 Wilton Rd
|Type||University Technical College|
|Department for Education URN||141964 Tables|
|Chair of Governors||Dr Peter Thomson|
|Age||14 to 19|
The college specialised in science and engineering, and was backed by the University of Southampton. Its site on Wilton Road, about 1 mile (1.6 km) west of the centre of Salisbury, was a refurbished former police headquarters.
In July 2019, it was announced the college would not be accepting students in September 2019, and would be closed in August 2020 as the Department for Education deemed it "no longer financially viable". The one-year delay was for the benefit of students already a year into their two-year courses.
- "Key Information". South Wiltshire UTC. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "URN 141964 South Wiltshire UTC". Department for Education - Edubase. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "What is a UTC?". South Wiltshire UTC. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Salisbury UTC to Close". South Wilts UTC. 16 July 2019. Archived from the original on 5 November 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Official website archived in July 2019 by the Internet Archive