Location in Orange County and the state of Florida
|• Total||6.8 sq mi (17.7 km2)|
|• Land||6.8 sq mi (17.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||89 ft (27 m)|
|• Density||2,300/sq mi (900/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1853287|
Southchase is a census-designated place and an unincorporated area in Orange County, Florida, United States. The population was 15,921 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Southchase is located at (28.390652, -81.380222).
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,633 people, 1,377 households, and 1,218 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 824.3/km² (2,133.9/mi²). There were 1,434 housing units at an average density of 255.1/km² (660.5/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 59.27% White, 14.53% African American, 0.26% Native American, 9.15% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 11.55% from other races, and 5.18% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 33.82% of the population.
There were 1,377 households out of which 52.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.0% were married couples living together, 9.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 11.5% were non-families. 7.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.36 and the average family size was 3.52.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 31.8% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 37.0% from 25 to 44, 19.1% from 45 to 64, and 4.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 94.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $61,707, and the median income for a family was $60,992. Males had a median income of $34,900 versus $28,670 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,028. About 3.3% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.1% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Southchase CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Southchase CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 25, 2012.