Southeast Asian Press Alliance
The Southeast Asian Press Alliance is the only regional organization focused on promoting and protecting press freedom and freedom of expression in Southeast Asia. Established as a non-profit organization in November 1998, the alliance works to unite independent journalists and press-related organizations in the region into a force for free expression advocacy and mutual protection.
SEAPA’s Board of Trustees is composed of representatives from the alliance’s Founding Members, including:
- Thai Journalists Association
- Institute for Studies on Free Flow of Information (Indonesia)
- Alliance of Independent Journalists (Indonesia)
- Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility (Philippines)
- Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism
SEAPA is an associate member of the International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX), a global network of non-governmental organisations that work to promote and defend the right to free expression.
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|