Southeast Bank Limited
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Alamgir Kabir, FCA (Chairman) |
M Kamal Hossain (Managing Director)
|৳5.43 billion (US$64 million)|
Southeast Bank Limited was established as a Public Limited Company on March 12, 1995. In the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms issued the Certificate of Commencement of Business of the Bank on the same date. The Southeast Bank received its Banking License from the Bangladesh Bank on March 23, 1995. The Bank's first branch was opened by M. Saifur Rahman, the then Finance Minister of Bangladesh as the Chief Guest at 1, Dilkusha Commercial Area, Dhaka on May 25, 1995. The incumbent Chairman of the Bank is Alamgir Kabir, FCA. M. A. Kashem a member of the Board and Yussuf Abdullah Harun were past Presidents of the Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FBCCI).
At present, 18.14% of SEBL's employees are women that will rise to 45% over the next five years.
The Bank maintained a capital adequacy ratio at 11.46 percent as on December 31, 2011 against requirement of 10 percent set by Bangladesh Bank. Credit Rating Information and Services Limited (CRISL) rated the Bank AA- (Double A Minus) for the long term and ST-2 for the short term based on the financial statements of the Bank for the year 2010. Their rating for the long term remained valid up to June 1, 2012. The Credit Rating of the Bank for the year 2011 has been assigned to Credit Rating Information and services Limited (CRISL).
Southeast Bank Ltd. made operating profits worth Tk 5.50 billion in 2012 against Tk 6.05 billion in 2011.
Southeast Bank Foundation initiated a scholarship program for poor and meritorious student in 2009. The Foundation has, so far, distributed 827 scholarships to the secondary level students, while the number of scholarships to higher secondary level students stood at 1263. Since 2011, the program has been expanded to include graduation level students. On the occasion, scholarships were, for the first time, distributed to 75 students who are admitted at public universities, medical colleges, engineering universities and agricultural universities.
- "Southeast Bank holds 21st AGM, approves 15pc cash dividend". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank under BB scanner". The Daily Star. 2009-12-17. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank MD reappointed". The Daily Star. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank's new MD". The Daily Star. 2013-01-10. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "New MD for Southeast Bank". The Daily Star. 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank, inaugurates the 81st branch". The Daily Star. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank Limited - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "annual_report_2011" (PDF).
- "Southeast Bank Limited". www.southeastbank.com.bd. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank Ltd - BangladeshYellowBook.com". www.bangladeshyellowbook.com. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Southeast Bank holds 17th AGM, okays 15 pc cash, 5 pc stock div". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- Islam, Siddique; Karim, Rezaul (2013-01-01). "Mixed trend in PCBs 2012 operating profits". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Southeast Bank Foundation distributes scholarships". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Banks asked to spend 30pc of CSR fund for education". The Daily Star. UNB. 2016-02-27. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "SEBL distributes stipends among 1,992 students". The Daily Observer. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-05-09.