Southeast Christian Church (Louisville, Kentucky)
|Southeast Christian Church|
|Denomination||Christian churches and churches of Christ|
|Founded||July 1, 1962|
|Senior pastor(s)||Kyle Idleman|
Southeast Christian Church is an evangelical megachurch of the Christian churches denomination based in Louisville, Kentucky. As of 2013[update], it is the seventh-largest church in the United States.
The church's Senior Minister, Dave Stone, assumed leadership of the church in 2006. In September 2018, it was announced that long time Teaching Pastor, Kyle Idleman would assume senior leadership in 2019. Kyle Idleman assumed senior leadership on March 10th, 2019.
The church was established on July 1, 1962 as 53 members of the South Louisville Christian Church started a new church in the Hikes Point area. By 1998, the church had relocated to – and outgrown – numerous buildings until reaching its current location at 920 Blankenbaker Parkway in Louisville. Former Senior Minister Bob Russell retired in 2006 after 40 years of service. He was succeeded as senior minister by Dave Stone, the longtime preaching associate at Southeast. In February 2007, Southeast Christian officially released an announcement that it would establish a satellite church in Clark County, Indiana. With the establishment of a second location, Southeast became a multi-site church. The breaking of the ground, by I-65 Exit 4 in Jeffersonville, Indiana, took place on August 12, 2007, and the church officially opened on April 12, 2009. On February 8, 2009, the church announced the plans for its third location. The Oldham County Campus, in Crestwood, Kentucky, held its first service in January 2011. In 2009, Southeast also opened up a new youth building called "The Block".
On the weekend of June 30/July 1, 2012, the church announced that it would develop a fourth campus in southwest Jefferson County, near Dixie Highway (US 31W) and adjacent to the southwestern campus of Christian Academy of Louisville. This site was originally expected to open in fall 2013, but groundbreaking was delayed until February 2013; the new campus opened in time for Easter 2014. In 2017, a satellite campus opened in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. 
- "2013 Outreach 100 Largest Churches in America". Outreach. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Southeast Christian to add site in Indiana
- "Supersized Worship." The Courier-Journal, November 26, 2006, page B2.
- "SECC – The Block | Mankin Media Systems". Mankinmedia.com. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- Davis, Kelly (July 2, 2012). "Southeast Christian Church expands in southwest Louisville". WDRB. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "Groundbreaking scheduled for Southeast Christian Church satellite campus". WDRB. February 14, 2013. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "Southeast Christian Church opens local campus Sunday". The News-Enterprise. August 18, 2017.