Southern Newspapers Inc. (SNI) is a publishing holding company headquartered in Houston, Texas. The company was founded as Southern Newspapers, Inc., of Tennessee in 1967 by B. Carmage Walls. Its flagship paper, the Galveston County Daily News is the oldest newspaper in Texas, founded in 1842.
The company owns several publications, primarily in Texas, but all of which are located in states along the Gulf Coast of the United States.
- Bay City Tribune (1845) , Bay City, Texas
- Baytown Sun (1949) , Baytown, Texas
- Brazosport Facts (1913) , Brazoria County, Texas
- The Daily Sentinel (1899) , Nacogdoches, Texas
- Del Rio News-Herald (1929) , Del Rio, Texas
- Fort Payne Times-Journal , Fort Payne, Alabama
- The Galveston County Daily News (1842) , Galveston, Texas
- Kerrville Daily Times (1908) , Kerrville, Texas
- Lufkin Daily News (1906) , Lufkin, Texas
- New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung (1852) , New Braunfels, Texas
- The Paris News (1869) , Paris, Texas
- Sand Mountain Reporter , Albertville, Alabama
- Scottsboro Daily Sentinel , Scottsboro, Alabama
- Seguin Gazette-Enterprise (1888) , Seguin, Texas
- Walton Tribune , Monroe, Georgia
- Angleton Times (1893–2004) - absorbed by the Brazosport Facts
- Texas City Sun (1912–2004) - absorbed by the Galveston County Daily News
- Weekly Post (1986–2010) - absorbed by sister paper, the Fort Payne Times-Journal.
- Home page. Southern Newspapers Inc.. Retrieved on January 23, 2010. "5701 Woodway Drive Suite 131 Houston, TX 77057 "
- History of the Galveston News http://galvestondailynews.com/history.lasso
- Houston Chronicle http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2004_3748308
- Houston Chronicle http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2004_3810265
- "Weekly Post, Times-Journal merge". The Weekly Post. Retrieved 2010-04-02.