Southern Tsimshian dialect
|Region||northwest British Columbia|
|Extinct||2013, with the death of Violet Neasloss|
Southern Tsimshian, Sgüüx̣s or Ski:xs, is the southern dialect of the Tsimshian language, spoken by the Gitga'ata and Kitasoo Tsimshians in Klemtu, B.C.. It became extinct with the death of the last remaining speaker, Violet Neasloss.
The language is currently being documented with the goal of being able to create new fluent speakers at some time in the future.
- "An amazing woman has gone to sleep, and her language with her • r/linguistics". reddit. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- muskwatch (17 December 2013). "Visiting with Violet Neasloss in Klemtu". Retrieved 2 May 2017 – via YouTube.
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Southern Tsimshian". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Mithun, Marianne (2001). The Languages of Native North America. Cambridge Language Surveys. Cambridge University Press. p. 525. ISBN 0-521-29875-X.
- "South Tsimshian Bibliography". ydli.org. Retrieved 21 January 2011.