Southern tomato pie
The Southern tomato pie is a tomato dish from the Southern United States. It consists of a pie shell with a filling of tomatoes (sometimes with basil or other herbs), covered with a topping of grated cheese mixed with either mayonnaise or a white sauce. It is considered a summer dish, to be made when tomatoes are in season.
- Deen, Paula. "Tomato Pie Recipe". Food Network. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- Crain, Eula (2011). Best of the Best, from Southern Coastal Ladies. PublishAmerica. ISBN 9781456085827. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- "Savory Tomato Pie Recipes". Southern Living. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- McWilliams, Mark (2012). "Fried Green Tomatoes". The Story Behind the Dish: Classic American Foods. ABC-CLIO. p. 94. ISBN 9780313385094. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- Massie, Larry B.; Massie, Priscilla (1998). Walnut Pickles and Watermelon Cake: A Century of Michigan Cooking. Wayne State University Press. p. 268. ISBN 9780814327944.
- Wilcox, Estelle Woods, ed. (1883). The Dixie Cook-book (revised ed.). L.A. Clarkson & Company. p. 222. OCLC 5021592. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
|This pie or tart-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|