This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
333 Merton Road
|Department for Education URN||138682 Tables|
|Executive Headteacher||Ms. Jacqueline Valin|
|Age||11 to 19|
|Colour(s)||Year 7 - Year 8 wear blue and gold ties, Year 9 - Year 10 wear black and gold ties & Year 11 wear gold ties.|
Southfields Academy (formerly Southfields Community College) is a secondary school and sixth form with academy status in Southfields (Wandsworth), south west London. It has about 1300 students. The school enrolls students from over 80 nations. It is in the top percentile of schools nationally for contextual value-added results.[clarification needed]
The majority of students are from different minority ethnic groups and speak more than seventy different languages. For over a third of students, English is not their first mother language.
It has gained a National Healthy Eating Award, and an Artsmark award for its excellence in Art, Dance, Drama and Music.
Her Majesty's Inspectors in June 2014 graded the school as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas of the Ofsted framework. It particularly praised the outstanding leadership, the excellent curriculum offered, outstanding teaching and learning, the effectiveness and efficiency of the sixth form, students achievement overall, the quality of care, guidance and support.
In February 2013 HMI inspected its 14-19 provision – this was also graded as ‘Outstanding’. There are numerous initiatives at the college which have helped raise standards of achievement.
Southfields Academy has a growing sixth form (currently 400 students). It offers a range of courses. Alongside this there are opportunities for students to take responsibility and develop leadership skills.[clarification needed]
It offers enrichment courses such as Photography, Live saving Awards and Driving Awareness.
Southfields Academy offers a wide range of opportunities and support to all sixth form students, such as, Tutorial programme, Student support, Library/sixth form study rooms, extra curricular activities, Induction and grants.
Moreover, the sixth form offers many different clubs, societies and sports clubs for students to join. Many courses have trips, residential trips or college events, which the students can organise from beginning to completion.
Most multi-lingual school in Europe
"Southfields Community College in Wandsworth has become Europe's most cosmopolitan school," The Daily Mail reported, "71 different languages are spoken in its classrooms." 
In popular culture
About a Boy starring Hugh Grant was filmed inside the school (the interior shots)
Extra curricular activities
Southfields Academy organises many clubs and societies for the benefit of its students. They are intended to provide opportunities for students to extend their academic skills, develop socially and have fun. The following gives an indication of some of the activities SCC offers:
- Clubs and support clinics are run in the following areas: Maths, English, Science, Geography, History, Design & Technology, Modern Languages, Art, Business &Information Technology, EAL support, Homework and the Library.
- Societies and other activities: Amnesty International Group, Drama, Instrumental Tuition, Choir, Band, Chess and Public Speaking.
- Sports Clubs: Swimming, Netball, Football (A girls team was invited by Chelsea FC to take part in the 3rd Football for Friendship forum in 2015), Basketball, Hockey, Trampolining, Athletics, Cricket, Rugby etc.
- Educational and team – building visits: Science museums, National gallery, Rock climbing, Outward Bound tip to Wales, Isle of Wight, Mountain activities weekend, Ice skating, University visits, etc.
Aspire at Southfields
Aspire @ Southfields is the umbrella under which it operates all its Community services, including Adult Learning, Extended Services and Community Sport and Leisure provision. There are classes and courses for the public during the day, in the evenings and at weekends. Individuals and clubs can also book to use the sports facilities. Membership of the Aspire Centre will give people access to the Fitness Suite and gives them subsidised rates on all courses and classes plus facility hire.
Southfields Multi-Academy Trust
Notable former pupils
- Alan Pardew, current Crystal Palace F.C. manager.
- Magnus Okuonghae, plays for Luton Town F.C.
- Gavin Holligan, played for West Ham United F.C.
- Matthew Briggs, plays for Colchester United F.C.
- Elvis Hammond, plays for Kingstonian F.C.
- Shek Tarawallie, Fashion Designer
- Michail Antonio, plays for West Ham United F.C.
- Political Peak, UK Grime artist.