Southland Leisure Centre
|Southland Leisure Centre|
|Address||2000 Southland Dr. S.W.|
|Town or city||Calgary|
|Floor area||227,000 square feet|
The Southland Leisure Centre is an indoor leisure centre situated in the southwest community on Palliser in Calgary, Alberta. The multipurpose recreational facility was built at the same time (although additions and redesigns have been made since) as the surrounding neighbourhood and is one of two leisure centres owned and operated by The City of Calgary.
Southland Leisure Centre provides a wide range of registered programs and drop-in programs and activities, including sports training, gymnastics, day camps, racquet sports, skating, dance, martial arts, slo-pitch, hockey and skating lessons. Southland also offers preschool programs including playschool, tot's gym time and more.
- Wave pool begins wide and shallow (much like a beach) progressively deepening into a regular swimming pool halved in width is the box shaped "deep end" with rope swing. (No diving).
- Water park: A water park with a 500-gallon dump bucket, rope bridges, spray guns and other splash stations.
- Water slides: Includes the "red slide" and "blue slide". There are also 4 smaller slides in the water park area.
- Rope swing: Use of the rope swing is allowed while the wave system is off.
- Deep water dive tank and diving board
- Hot tub.
- Steam room.
- Two(2) ice arenas.
- Climbing Wall
- Weight room
- Multipurpose rooms named after communities in the area, sometimes called birthday rooms.
- Rental Centre for floating aids, tubes, etc. as well as selling pool equipment.
By car, Southland Leisure Centre is accessible off of Southland Drive.
By bus, it can be accessed directly by bus route 56 from Southland Station.