Southland Mall (Houma, Louisiana)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|No. of stores and services||75|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||600,000 sq. ft.|
|No. of floors||1 (Dillard's floors 3)|
Southland Mall is a one-level enclosed shopping mall located in Houma, Louisiana, at the intersection of Bayou Gardens Boulevard and West Park Avenue. The mall services the Houma-Thibodaux area in southeast Louisiana.
Southland Mall has more than 70 unique stores, along with assorted restaurants and services. With the 2007 closure of the Southland Cinema, the mall has two anchor stores: Dillard's, and JCPenney. During the summer of 2016, the former Sears which opened in 1966 closed after poor sales, as well as other Sear stores across the U.S.  Dillard's opened in the mall as a result of the 1989 acquisition of New Orleans-based department store D.H. Holmes. Major national retail outlets in the mall include American Eagle Outfitters, Victoria's Secret, Spencer Gifts, GNC, FYE, Bath and Body Works. As well as opening in the Spring of 2017; would be a new H&M store near the main entrance. Restaurant outlets in the mall include Subway, Auntie Anne's, Tokyo, Cinnamonster, Great American Cookie Co. and Corn Dog 7. The mall also holds two small arcades (Pocket Chance/Coin it Up, and Games, Inc.) suited for kids when parents are out shopping. Chase operates a banking location on the mall's outparcels.
Mall hours are Monday through Saturday from 10am to 9pm and Sunday from 12pm to 6pm.
- Kathrine Schmidt (2011-02-01). "Shopping options still expanding in Houma-Thibodaux area". DailyComet.com. Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- "Louisiana sheriff proposes curfew after teens fight, stampede at mall". The Dallas Morning News. Dallas, TX. Associated Press. December 31, 1996. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- "Houma mall Santa a fixture that lights up holidays". The Advocate. Baton Rouge, LA. December 24, 1998. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Clifford, Jan (February 26, 2006). "Southland Mall plans fresh new look". The Houma Courier. Houma, LA. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Fontenot, Brian (December 9, 2007). "The last picture show: Southland Cinema closes". The Houma Courier. Houma, LA. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Schmidt, Kathrine (September 6, 2009). "Area undergoing commercial development boom". The Houma Courier. Houma, LA. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- "Southland Mall dispels rumors". The Houma Courier. Houma, LA. September 28, 2010. Retrieved December 29, 2010.
- Schmidt, Kathrine (December 12, 2010). "Electronic scooters provide security help at Southland mall". The Daily Comet. Thibodaux, LA. Retrieved December 29, 2010.