|Southport Central (Tower A)|
|Location||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia|
|Roof||127 m (417 ft)|
|Design and construction|
Southport Central is a 18,130 m² mixed Use, multi-purpose development at the corner of Scarborough and Lawson Streets in Southport, Queensland, Australia. It comprises three towers with integrated shopping and commercial precincts with a total value of $700 million. The towers are constructed with concrete in a modern style. The building was developed by Raptis Group. The architectural work was conducted by Archidiom Design.
Southport Central's 40 level Tower A was completed in August 2006 and has 268 apartments with one, two or three bedroom configurations. The building was opened in 2007.
The 39 level Tower B has 262 apartments consisting of one bed plus study, two bedroom or two bedroom plus study. This tower was opened in April 2008.
The third and final tower, completed in early 2009 has 39 levels and a total of 258 apartments including one bed plus study, two bedroom or two bedroom plus study. This building was constructed by Landaning Pty Ltd.
On 10 September 2008 the ASX placed a trading halt on the company when receivers took control of the company's Southport Central development. Sub-contractors walked off the site, afraid that they were not going to be paid for their work. Receivers to the Jim Raptis development, Capital Finance, took control of the development later that month.
In April 2009 construction on the project was complete.
- "Southport Central's rental rush hour". goldcoast.com.au. News Limited. 4 July 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- "Southport Central (Tower A)". Emporis.com. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- Tony Moore (11 September 2008). "Coast property group collapses". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Digital. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- Raptis Group negotiating funding. ABC News.
- Shannon Willoughby (27 March 2009). "Southport Central's receivers on lookout for buyers". goldcoast.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- Southport Central Official website