|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Andre Chabot|
|Elevation||1,060 m (3,480 ft)|
|• Average Income||$44,908|
|Website||Southview Community Association|
Southview is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by 17 Avenue SE to the north, 36 Street SE to the east, 26 Avenue SE to the south and the Bow River to the west.
Southview was established in 1950, being the last community to develop inside the Greater Forest Lawn Area and is part of the International Avenue Business Revitalization Zone. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 10 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $44,908 in 2000, and there were 23.7% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 14.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 18.5% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 33.9% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by the Mountain View Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Southview Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-12.
||Inglewood||Albert Park/Radisson Heights||Forest Lawn|
|Bow River||Forest Lawn|
|Deerfoot Trail||Dover||Erin Woods|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|