Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park
|Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
|Location||Alentejo Litoral & Barlavento Algarvio, Portugal|
|Area||895.7 km2 (345.8 sq mi)|
|Created||July 7, 1988|
|Visitors||12,718 (in 2017-2020 (average))|
Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park (PNSACV) is a natural park located in southwest Portugal. It occupies an area of 895.7 km2 (345.8 sq mi) (605.8 km2 (233.9 sq mi) on land and 289.9 km2 (111.9 sq mi) at sea) and is one of the last strongholds of the wild European coast. It has one of the highest levels of biodiversity in the country with over 12 endemic species of plant and several bird nesting sites.
The park was created in 7 July 1987 in order to promote the protection and sustainable use of natural resources and other natural, landscape and cultural values while promoting the economic, social and cultural development of the region.
- "Sudoeste Alentejano E Costa Vicentina | DOPA Explorer". dopa-explorer.jrc.ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 31 May 2021.
- "Número de visitantes que contactaram as áreas protegidas". ICNF. Retrieved 31 May 2021.
- Bastos, Maria Rosário; Dias, João A.; Baptista, Manuela; Batista, Carla (March 2012). "Ocupação do Litoral do Alentejo, Portugal: passado e presente". Revista de Gestão Costeira Integrada. 12 (1): 99–116. ISSN 1646-8872. Retrieved 31 May 2021.
- "Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina Nature Park". natural.pt. Retrieved 31 May 2021.
- "Decreto-Lei 241/88, 1988-07-07" (in Portuguese). Diário da República. Retrieved 31 May 2021.
- Maria Rosário Bastos, João A. Dias, Manuela Baptista, Carla Batista, Human Occupation of Littoral of Alentejo, Portugal: past and present, SciELO, retrieved 2 January 2021CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)