This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)
Southwest Detroit is a neighborhood within Detroit. Clark Park is a popular park within the Hubbard Farms area of southwest Detroit (not to be confused with the similarly named Clark Park in Philadelphia). It is also well known for Mexicantown, Detroit's vibrant Mexican community.
Residents are within Detroit Public Schools and are zoned to Western International High School or Cesar Chavez High school with the added option of attending Detroit Cristo Rey High School which is a private, catholic college prep school. . Previously Southwestern High School was in Southwest Detroit. Southwestern closed in 2012, and students were reassigned to Western.
The current Munger Elementary-Middle School, which opened in 2012, had a cost of $22.2 million.
- Esparza, Santiago. "Independent grocery stores thriving in Southwest Detroit; 'We have soul,' says one owner." (Archive) MLive. July 24, 2013. Retrieved on July 29, 2013.
- Selasky, Susan M. "Southwest Detroit's Hispanic groceries have what you need for Cinco de Mayo." Detroit Free Press. May 3, 2012. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- "High School Boundaries - 2012/13 School Year." (Archive) Detroit Public Schools. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- Detroit Public Schools (2011). "DPS high school boundary map" (PDF). Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- Foley, Aaron. "Closing southwest Detroit schools would be devastating, protesters say." MLive. Saturday February 25, 2012. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- Satyanarayana, Megha. "Contents of Southwestern High School go up for sale online today." Detroit Free Press. October 18, 2012. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- "School of the Week: Munger Elementary-Middle School" (Archive). Detroit Public Schools. October 7, 2013. Retrieved on November 23, 2015.
- Southwest Detroit travel guide from Wikivoyage