Southwest Mississippi Community College
|Motto||"Opportunities for a Lifetime"|
|President||Dr. J. Steven Bishop|
|Location||Summit, Mississippi, United States|
Southwest Mississippi Community College is a two-year community college located in Summit, Mississippi, with accreditation from the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The college was officially started in 1908 as an agricultural high school. The Pike County Agricultural High School opened on September 3, 1918, after receiving approval from the Pike County School Board the previous April. The high school began to incorporate college work into the curriculum in 1929 and by 1932 the school had become a junior college. Fifty-four years later in 1988, the name of the school was officially changed to Southwest Mississippi Community College.
- Woodie Assaf, longtime weatherman at WLBT in Jackson
- Jarrod Dyson, outfielder for the Seattle Mariners, former outfielder for the 2015 World Series Kansas City Royals
- David Green, Mississippi state legislator
- Billy Milner 1995 first round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins
- Glover Quin an American football safety for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL).