Southwest Museum station
4600 Marmion Way,|
Los Angeles, California
|Platforms||1 center platform|
|Bicycle facilities||6 bike rack spaces|
|Opened||July 26, 2003|
Southwest Museum is an at-grade light rail station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located near the intersection of Marmion Way at Museum Drive in the Mount Washington neighborhood of Northeast Los Angeles, California. The station is served by the Gold Line.
The station is named after the historic Southwest Museum which is located a short walk up from the station on Museum Drive. This station features an enhanced architectural design, called Highland Park Gateway, created by artists Teddy Sandoval and Paul Polubinskas.
|Platform||Southbound||← Gold Line toward Atlantic (Heritage Square)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Gold Line toward APU/Citrus College (Highland Park) →|
Metro Rail service
Gold Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:15 AM daily.
- Southwest Museum of the American Indian (built 1914) — museum, library, and archive, Autry National Center property. 
- Audubon Center in Ernest E. Debs Regional Park, east side of Arroyo Seco Parkway in the San Rafael Hills.
- Carlin G. Smith Recreation Center — West Avenue 46 off Figueroa Street. 
- Casa de Adobe Museum (built 1916) — on North Figueroa Street, California Historical Landmark, Autry National Center property (closed) 
- Lummis House (built 1897-1907) — West Avenues 42 & 43 at Arroyo Seco Parkway, historic house museum and gardens.
- Ramona Hall — 4580 Figueroa Street. 
- Sycamore Grove Park — along Figueroa Street & the Arroyo Seco and Arroyo Seco Parkway. 
- Metro Local: 81, 83
- Station Description Metro Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- "Watercolors by WPA Artist Evelyn H. Nadeau on view at the Southwest Museum" (November 29, 1999) Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc.
- "Gold Line timetable" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- Friends of the Southwest Museum
- Los Angeles City Department of Recreation and Parks: Carlin G. Smith Recreation Center
- KCET Departures program: "Highland Park, Casa de Adobe"
- Los Angeles City Department of Recreation and Parks: Ramona Hall Community Center
- Los Angeles City Department of Recreation and Parks: Sycamore Grove Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Southwest Museum (Los Angeles Metro station).|
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Los Angeles County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the Los Angeles Metro Rail is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|