|Elevation||1,293 ft (394 m)|
67209, 67213, 67215, 67217
Southwest Village is a neighborhood in Wichita, Kansas, United States. A mixed commercial, industrial, and residential area, it lies east and north of the Interstate 235 bypass in the southwestern part of the city.
Southwest Village is located at (37.646389, -97.389444) at an elevation of 1,293 ft (394 m). It consists of the area between Interstate 235 to the west and south, May Street to the north, and Meridian Avenue to the east. The Stanley/Aley neighborhood lies to the northeast and Southwest lies to the east.
The northern and western parts of the neighborhood, particularly the corridor along West Street, consist of a mix of commercial retail, distribution, manufacturing, and other light industrial sites. Companies with facilities located in this area include Carrier Corporation, Frito-Lay, Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, International Paper, Smithfield Foods, and UPS.
For the purposes of representation on the Wichita City Council, Southwest Village lies in Council District 4.
For the purposes of representation in the Kansas Legislature, Southwest Village is split between the 25th and 28th districts of the Kansas Senate and the 95th, 96th, and 97th districts of the Kansas House of Representatives.
Primary and secondary education
Colleges and universities
Parks and recreation
The city's Department of Park and Recreation maintains one park in Southwest Village. Wildwood Park occupies 9.91 acres (4.01 ha) on West 27th Street South and includes a basketball court, children’s playground, horseshoe courts, and a paved fitness trail.
West Street is the main north-south road through Southwest Village; Pawnee Street and 31st Street are the primary east-west roads. Another arterial road is Southwest Boulevard which runs northeast-southwest through the northern part of the neighborhood. The Interstate 235 freeway runs along the west and south sides of Southwest Village, accessible via interchanges at Southwest Boulevard, West Street, and Meridian.
Westport Airport is a small airport on the south side of Pawnee Street in Southwest Village. Privately-owned but open to the public, the airport is used for local and transient general aviation.
- "Southwest Village, Wichita, Kansas". Statistical Atlas. Cedar Lake Ventures. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Neighborhood Associations – City of Wichita, Kansas" (PDF). City of Wichita. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Southwest Village, Wichita, KS". Google Maps. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Southwest Village, Wichita, KS, Google Earth
- "Wichita Council District 4 [Map]" (PDF). City of Wichita. June 29, 2017. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Kansas Senate District Map (2017-18 Session)". Kansas Bar Association. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Kansas House of Representatives (2019-20 Session)". Kansas Bar Association. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Directory of Buildings" (PDF). Wichita Public Schools. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "locations". Wichita Technical Institute. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Alford Branch Library". Wichita Public Library. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Wildwood Park". City of Wichita, Kansas. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Bus System Map" (PDF). Wichita Transit. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Westport Airport". AirNav.com. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "City of Wichita [Map]" (PDF). Kansas Department of Transportation. June 2010. Retrieved February 4, 2010.