Southwestern National Bank
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Southwestern National Bank headquarters
|Revenue||N/A (Asset = $ 341.538 million)|
Number of employees
|Parent||SWNB Bancorp Inc.|
|Subsidiaries||Nevada National Bank|
Southwestern National Bank (T: 美南銀行, S: 美南银行, P: Měi Nán Yínháng) is a minority owned community bank with headquarters in Chinatown and in Greater Sharpstown in Houston, Texas. Other Texas branches include Plano, Texas, Richardson, Texas, Austin, Texas and Sugar Land, Texas, this privately held community bank was founded on November 3, 1997.
The location of Southwestern National Bank in the south reflects one of the newest trends of Chinese American and Asian American population diffusion into areas other than the traditional regions settled by Asian Americans, such as the western United States and northeastern United States. The establishment of this bank was in accompany with the booming economy of the late 1990s of Chinatown, Houston and also the Telecom Corridor (Silicon Prairie) in suburban Dallas, Texas. These two trends attracted a significant amount of Chinese / Asian scientists, engineers, immigrants, businessman, and real estate investors into the area.
Subsidiaries and affiliates
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)|
- "National Bank List (P-S)." Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Retrieved on December 27, 2010. "Southwestern National Bank Houston TX"
- "Locations." Southwestern National Bank. Retrieved on December 27, 2010. "Main Branch 6901 Corporate Drive Houston, Texas 77036."
- "Map Major Roads." Greater Sharpstown Management District. Retrieved on August 15, 2009.
- Rodriguez, Lori. "Opinions vary over naming the growing Asian community on Houston's southwest side." (Archive). Alternate version without Chinatown map: "DIVERSITY DEBATE / Chinatown outgrowing name / Opinions vary over naming the growing Asian community on Houston's southwest side." Houston Chronicle. Wednesday May 9, 2007. A1.
- Bank bets on growth in Asian communities
- Moreno, Jenalia. "Houston Banks cater to Asian Businesses." (Archive) Houston Chronicle.
- Houston-based banks feel less subprime pain
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Southwestern National Bank.|