Southwood Open Space
Southwood Open Space is a 12.9 hectare Local Nature Reserve (LNR) in Old Malden in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames in London. It is a linear park along the Hogsmill River between the Kingston Bypass opposite Elmbridge Avenue and the junction between the Hogsmill and a footpath to Manor Drive North.
The name Southwood Open Space is only used on the Natural England database of LNRs, and it is more commonly regarded as part of the Hogsmill River Park or Hogsmill Valley, which extends north to Elmbridge Open Space LNR. Hogsmill Valley is designated a Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade 1.
The London Loop long distance walk goes through the park.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Southwood Open Space.|
- "Southwood Open Space". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Map of Southwood Open Space". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Hogsmill River Park". London Parks and Gardens Trust. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Hogsmill Valley". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "iGiGL data portal (map)". Greenspace Information for Greater London. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Thames Down Link" (PDF). Surrey County Council. p. 1. Retrieved 3 May 2014.