|Comune di Soverato|
|• Mayor||Ernesto Alecci|
|• Total||7.7 km2 (3.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
(31 December 2013)
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Soverato is the wealthiest town per capita in Calabria, and it has recently been experiencing a spike in tourism since 2015. Recent projects have been underway to accommodate these new tourists including the addition of the Villa Comunale, the renovation of Lungomare Europa and the ongoing reconfiguration of the main shopping road in town, Corso Umberto I, which is scheduled to be complete in late 2019.
The Giardino Botanico Santicelli botanic gardens were built on a former waste site in 1980. The town is bordered by Montepaone, Petrizzi and Satriano. Soverato can be reached via the Lamezia Terme International Airport within a 35- to 40-minute drive.
- Guido Daniele (hand and body artist)
- Elisabetta Gregoraci (model and TV personality)
- Vincenzo Guarna (prose writer)
- Antonio Lombardo (tombeur de femmes)
Notes and references
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
Media related to Soverato at Wikimedia Commons