|Comune di Soverato|
|Coordinates: 38°41′N 16°33′E / 38.683°N 16.550°E|
|• Mayor||Ernesto Alecci|
|• Total||7.7 km2 (3.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
(31 December 2013)
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Soverato (Calabrian: Suvaràtu) is a town and comune in the province of Catanzaro in the Calabria region of Southern Italy.
Soverato is the wealthiest town per capita in Calabria, and it has recently been experiencing a spike in tourism since 2015, making Soverato a popular travel destination. Recent projects have been underway to accommodate these new tourists including the addition of the Villa Comunale, the renovation of Lungomare Europa and the ongoing reconfiguration of the main shopping road in town, Corso Umberto I, which is scheduled to be complete in late 2019. In Calabria, there is a mix of the Sicilian and Neapolitan Italian languages spoken.
Soverato sits on the Ionian Sea, in the Gulf of Squillace. Nearby there is a string of villages along the white beaches of the gulf like Montepaone, Davoli and Isca Marina.
The Giardino Botanico Santicelli botanic gardens were built on a former waste site in 1980. The town is bordered by Montepaone, Petrizzi and Satriano. Soverato can be reached via the Lamezia Terme International Airport within a 35- to 40-minute drive.
- Guido Daniele (hand and body artist)
- Elisabetta Gregoraci (model and TV personality)
- Vincenzo Guarna (prose writer)
- Antonio Lombardo (tombeur de femmes)
Notes and references
- ^ "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- ^ "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
Media related to Soverato at Wikimedia Commons