||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Private Ownership, Limited partnership|
|Andrew Hayden (Founder and Managing Partner), Michael Needley (Founder) and Dominic Dalli, David Myers, Matthew Owen and Kevin Whittle|
|Products||private equity funds|
Established in 2001, Sovereign Capital Partners LLP is a UK-based private equity specialist, investing in the support service companies in the healthcare services and education & training sectors. Sovereign has £650m of funds under management.
The firm invests up to £50m of capital in each business, partnering management teams to help them achieve significant growth through both organic roll-out and acquisition. Alongside this, Sovereign's in-house research team helps portfolio companies to source strategic acquisitions that will extend the company's service offering and geographic coverage.
Sovereign Capital, is the most active mid-market investor in the healthcare services sector. The firm has also been actively investing in the education and training sector since 2002 and have committed £230m to its education portfolio (February 2013).
The business has supported the growth strategies of some of the fastest growing companies in the UK as recognised in the Sunday Times Buyout Track 100 and the Sunday Times Buyout Fast Track 100. Companies include City & County Healthcare Group, National Fostering Agency and Lifetime.
Sovereign is well recognised by a number of industry awards for its work in its areas of sector expertise including: “Investor of the Year”, for the third consecutive year, at the “Education Investor Awards 2012″; finalist for ‘Investor of the Year’ at the 2013 HealthInvestor Awards for the third year running; Winner of the Independent Specialist Care Awards 2013.
- City & County Healthcare Group, a UK domiciliary care businesses. The Group provides 140,000 hours of personal support per week to people in their own homes.
- Cordium (previously IMS Group), a provider of consulting and integrated business support to the wholesale asset management and securities industry. The Group’s core service offering is regulatory compliance consulting to UK and international regulated financial services firms.
- Lifetime, a vocational training provider, offering pre-employment training, apprenticeship programmes and training courses to people in the fitness, retail, care and hospitality industries.
- Creare Group, web development/SEO company.
- "Company Overview of Sovereign Capital Partners LLP". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Sovereign Capital completes the acquisition of three leading independent London sixth form colleges". ACQ Magazine. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "2012 Buyout Track 100". Fast Track - The Sunday Times – City & County Healthcare Group. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "2011 Buyout Track 100". Fast Track – The Sunday Times – National Fostering Agency. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "2011 Buyout Track 100". Fast Track – The Sunday Times – Lifetime. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "EducationInvestor Awards 2012" (PDF). EducationInvestor. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "HealthInvestor Awards 2013". HealthInvestor. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Sovereign Capital Named 'Investor of the Year' at Independent Specialist Care Awards". kndu.com. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Company Overview of City & County Healthcare Group Ltd". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "IMS rebrands itself as Cordium". COOConnect Peer Group Network. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|