Soyuz MS-03 docked to ISS
|Mission duration||196 days 17 hours 49 minutes|
|Spacecraft type||Soyuz-MS 11F747|
3 launching |
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||November 17, 2016 20:17 UTC|
|Launch site||Baikonur 1/5|
|End of mission|
|Landing date||June 2, 2017 14:10 UTC|
|Docking with ISS|
|Docking port||Rassvet nadir|
|Docking date||November 19, 2016 21:58 UTC|
|Undocking date||June 2, 2017 10:47 UTC|
(l-r) Pesquet, Whitson and Novitskiy
Soyuz MS-03 was a Soyuz spaceflight launched on 17 November 2016. It transported three members of the Expedition 50 crew to the International Space Station. MS-03 was the 132nd flight of a Soyuz spacecraft. The crew consisted of a Russian commander with American and French flight engineers.
|Position||Launching Crew Member||Landing Crew Member|
|Commander|| Oleg Novitskiy, RSA|
|Flight Engineer 1|| Thomas Pesquet, ESA|
|Flight Engineer 2|| Peggy A. Whitson, NASA
Third and last spaceflight
|Commander||Fyodor Yurchikhin, RSA|
|Flight Engineer 1||Paolo Nespoli, ESA|
|Flight Engineer 2||Jack D. Fischer, NASA|
Soyuz MS-03 docked at the International Space Station on November 19, 2016.
On June 2, 2017, MS-03 undocked from the ISS, carrying Novitskiy and Pesquet back to Earth after 196 days in space. Whitson remained on the ISS and returned on Soyuz MS-04 on September 3, 2017.
- Планируемые полёты (in Russian). astronaut.ru. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Harwood, William. "Whitson's station expedition extended three months". Spaceflight Now. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Potter, Sean (15 June 2018). "Record-Setting NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson Retires". NASA. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- astronaut.ru (2015). "Планируемые полёты" (in Russian).
- "NASA's Peggy Whitson Becomes Oldest Woman in Space - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Chiara Palazzo Associated Press. "Nasa veteran Peggy Whitson becomes the oldest woman in space as she blasts off for ISS". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- "Welcome Aboard! New Arrivals Make Six Expedition 50 Crew Members | Space Station". blogs.nasa.gov. Retrieved 2016-11-24.