|Spacecraft type||Soyuz-TMA 11F747|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||September 1, 2015
|Docking with ISS|
Soyuz TMA-18M is a Soyuz spaceflight planned for September 2015. It will provide the two twelve-months occupants (Scott Kelly and Mikhail Korniyenko) at the International Space Station with a fresh Soyuz capsule. TMA-18M will be the 127th flight of a Soyuz spacecraft; the first occurred in 1967. The ascent flight will consist of a Russian commander and two flight engineers from Denmark (ESA) and Kazakhstan respectively. Originally the third member should have been the British singer Sarah Brightman as a space tourist, but on May 13, 2015, she announced she had withdrawn from training. The Kazakh Aidyn Aimbetov is of the first Kazakh cosmonaut class, and the first selected to fly. The ESA astronaut Andreas Mogensen will become the first Dane in space.
The descent crew will be the same Russian commander and the two twelve-months occupants in March 2016. Two of the ascent crew members will return to Earth with Soyuz TMA-16M in September 2015.
|Position||Launching Crew Member||Landing Crew Member|
|Commander||Sergey Volkov, RSA
|Flight Engineer 1||Andreas Mogensen, ESA
|Mikhail Korniyenko, RSA
|Flight Engineer 2||Aidyn Aimbetov, KazCosmos
|Scott Kelly, NASA
|Commander||Oleg Skripochka, RSA|
|Flight Engineer 1||Thomas Pesquet, ESA|
|Flight Engineer 2||Sergey Prokopyev, RSA|
Space tourist in the third seat
Japanese entrepreneur Satoshi Takamatsu trained as Sarah Brightman's backup, but he had not yet financed his flight. Russian businessman Filaret Galchev was offered the seat, but he realized that he didn't have the time to prepare himself for the flight. Takamatsu withdrew from the flight as the art projects he had planned to carry out would not be ready by the September launch date. He stated he would try for a later flight when his projects were ready to fly.
- TASS (22 June 2015). "Kazakhstani cosmonaut to fly to ISS in September in place of British singer Brightman".
- Singer Sarah Brightman calls off flight to space station 13 May 2015
- Jeff Foust (22 June 2015). "Kazakh Cosmonaut To Take Brightman’s Place On Soyuz Flight". Space News.
- Планируемые полёты (in Russian). astronaut.ru. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- Andreas Mogensen set for Soyuz mission to Space Station in 2015
- ESA. "Andreas Mogensen’s mission name links cosmos and Earth". Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- astronaut.ru (2013). "Орбитальные полёты".