The Soyuz TMA-19M approaches the ISS on 15 December 2015, seen behind the solar panels of Cygnus CRS OA-4
|Mission duration||185 days 22 hours 11 minutes|
|Spacecraft type||Soyuz-TMA-M 11F747 No.719|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||December 15, 2015
|Launch site||Baikonur 1/5|
|End of mission|
|Landing date||18 June 2016
|Docking with ISS|
|Docking port||Rassvet nadir|
|Docking date||December 15, 2015
|Undocking date||18 June 2016 5:52 UTC |
(l-r) Kopra, Malenchenko and Peake
Soyuz TMA-19M was a 2015 Russian Soyuz spaceflight to the International Space Station. It was launched on December 15, 2015 from Baikonur Cosmodrome, transporting three members of the Expedition 46 crew to the International Space Station. TMA-19M was the 128th flight of a Soyuz spacecraft since the first in 1967. The crew consisted of a Russian commander accompanied by American and British astronauts. The flight returned to Earth on June 18, 2016.
|Commander|| Yuri Malenchenko, RSA
Sixth and last spaceflight
|Flight Engineer 1|| Timothy Kopra, NASA
|Flight Engineer 2|| Timothy Peake, ESA
|Commander||Anatoli Ivanishin, RSA|
|Flight Engineer 1||Kathleen Rubins, NASA|
|Flight Engineer 2||Takuya Onishi, JAXA|
Soyuz TMA-19M was launched atop of a Soyuz-FG rocket at 11:03:09 UTC on 15 December 2015 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan. Following the launch, the Soyuz spacecraft successfully achieved orbital insertion 9 minutes later and began its 4-orbit journey to the Space Station. Unusually, while docking, the Kurs docking navigation system failed, and a manual docking had to be performed by Yuri Malenchenko. This delayed docking with the ISS by 10 minutes. The Soyuz docked with the ISS at 17:33:29 UTC the same day. The crew then boarded the ISS at 19:58 UTC.
- "Soyuz-TMA 01M - 20M (7K-STMA, 11F747)". Gunter's Space Page. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Soyuz TMA-19M lands from space station with Russian, American and Brit". 18 June 2016.
- "Express Link-Up in Space culminates in Manual Docking – Three new Crew Members arrive at ISS". Spaceflight 101. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Планируемые полёты (in Russian). astronaut.ru. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- astronaut.ru (2013). "Орбитальные полёты".
- Richardson, Derek (15 December 2015). "Astronaut trio launches to, docks with space station in Soyuz TMA-19M". Spaceflight Insider. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Soyuz TMA-19M.|