SpaceX Dragon C106
|Dragon capsule C106|
|C106 after post-splashdown recovery from CRS SpX-11 mission|
|Role||Space capsule |
|National origin||United States|
|Type||Dragon CRS cargo capsule|
|First flight||CRS-4 (21 September–25 October 2014)|
|Last flight||CRS-11 (3 June–3 July 2017)|
The SpaceX Dragon C106 is a Cargo Dragon space capsule built by SpaceX. It is the first reused SpaceX Dragon capsule to be reflown into space, having its second launch in 2017. This marked the second occasion that SpaceX launched previously spacelaunched hardware, after reusing Falcon 9 first stage B1021 earlier in 2017; this was the first time SpaceX reused a capsule. Capsule 106 was first used on mission NASA SpaceX CRS-4, and then used again for the NASA SpaceX CRS-11 mission. This reuse of the spacecraft marks a milestone in SpaceX's drive to reduce spacelaunch costs through reusing hardware.
C106 was built as the sixth production Dragon capsule.
|Flight #||Mission||Launch date (UTC)||Landing date (UTC)||Liftoff||Landing||Notes|
|1||NASA CRS-4||21 September 2014||25 October 2014|||
|2||NASA CRS-11||3 June 2017||3 July 2017||This was the 100th launch from Launch Pad 39A|||
- William Graham (1 June 2017). "Weather halts Falcon 9 mission with CRS-11 Dragon on 100th 39A launch". NASAspaceflight.com.
- "SpaceX To Launch Reused Dragon Capsule, Land Falcon 9 At Kennedy Space Center". Brevard Times. 17 May 2017.
- Mike Wall (23 June 2017). "SpaceX Launches Rocket With "Highest-Ever Reentry Force"". Scientific American.
- Hanneke Weitering (1 June 2017). "SpaceX to Launch 1st Reused Dragon Spacecraft Saturday: Watch It Live". Space.com.
- Dana Hull; Andrea Wong; (3 June 2017). "SpaceX Ferries Supplies to Orbiting Station in Reused Capsule". Bloomberg.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- "First SpaceX Dragon Re-Use Mission Grounded until Saturday by Unsettled Weather". Spaceflight 101. 1 June 2017.
- "SpaceX Completes CRS-4 Mission for NASA". SpaceX. 4 November 2014.
- "CRS-11 Dragon Resupply Mission" (PDF). SpaceX. June 2017.
- Emre Kelly (31 May 2017). "SpaceX, NASA ready for Falcon 9 launch with refurbished Dragon". Florida Today.
- "SpaceX launches Chinese experiment, other supplies to space station". Xinhua. 4 June 2017.
- Derek Richardson (3 July 2017). "Dragon Splashes Down in Pacific With Time-Critical Experiments". Spaceflight Insider.
- "Dragon SpX-4 Mission Updates". Spaceflight 101. 2014.
- "SpaceX launches ISS supply rocket". DPA. Sky News Australia. 4 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SpaceX Dragon C106.|
- Falcon 9 booster B1029, the second SpaceX Falcon 9 stage one booster to be reused for a spacelaunch mission
- Falcon 9 booster B1021, the first SpaceX Falcon 9 stage one booster to be reused for a spacelaunch mission
- Falcon 9 booster B1019, the first SpaceX Falcon 9 stage one booster to be successfully landed
- Gemini spacecraft No. 2, the first space capsule to be reflown into space
- Scaled Composites SpaceShipOne
- McDonnell Douglas DC-X
- Blue Origin New Shepard
- NASA STS Space Shuttle