Space Coast Area Transit
|Headquarters||401 South Varr Avenue
Cocoa, Florida 
|Service area||Brevard County, Florida|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit, vanpool|
|Stations||North Terminal, Cocoa
South Terminal, Melbourne
|Chief executive||Mr. James Liesenfelt|
Space Coast Area Transit is the municipal bus system serving the Brevard County, Florida area. Besides providing routine transportation, low cost service is available to disabled and disadvantaged citizens.
Space Coast Area Transit was formed in 1985 as a replacement for two competing bus services in Brevard County; Brevard Transportation Authority and Consolidated Agencies Transportation System, both of which refused to cooperate with each other, and often got into territorial and service disputes.
The Space Coast Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) determines policy.
The system budgeted $6.9 million for operations in 2010. It collected $2.1 million in passenger fees, The rest comes from federal and state grants, and contributions from two cities.
In 2014, from 1 to 2% of residents rode the bus daily.
- 1 Melbourne/Titusville Connector
- 2 Titusville
- 3 Merritt Island
- 4 Hwy 520 Connector
- 5 Mims/Titusville
- 6 Cocoa/Rockledge
- 7 Rockledge/Viera
- 9 Cape/Cocoa Beach
- 21 Downtown Melbourne
- 22 Palm Bay South
- 23 West Palm Bay
- 24 Melbourne
- 25 Palm Bay Connector
- 26 South Beach
- 27 East Palm Bay
- 28 North Melbourne
- 32 Dial-A-Bus
- 33 Eau Gallie Art District (Temporary Route)
- "2007 National Transit Database" (PDF). Federal Transit Administration. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Bus and Trolley Information
- History of the Space Coarst Area Transit
- Neale, Rick (17 March 2010). "County bus service faces $1 M deficit". Melbourne, Florida: Florida Today. pp. 1A–2A.
- Berman, Dave (January 16, 2015). "SCAT wants more to ride bus". Florida Today. Melbourne, Florida. pp. 1A. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Cervenka, Susanne (2 December 2010). "SCAT marks 18 years of increased ridership". Melbourne, Florida: Florida Today. pp. 1B.
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|