|Studio album by Khan|
|Recorded||December 1971-March 1972|
|Genre||Progressive rock, canterbury scene, jazz fusion, space rock|
Eclectic Discs Records (re-release)
Space Shanty is the debut and only album by the short-lived Canterbury scene band Khan. Steve Hillage's first solo album, Fish Rising, included material originally intended for the second album by Khan, but the band split up before that was a possibility.
|1.||"Space Shanty"||Steve Hillage||9:01|
|2.||"Stranded (Including Effervescent Psycho Novelty No. 5)"||Hillage||6:35|
|3.||"Mixed Up Man of the Mountains"||Nick Greenwood, Hillage||7:15|
|4.||"Driving to Amsterdam"||Hillage||9:23|
|6.||"Hollow Stone (Including Escape of the Space Pilots)"||Hillage||8:16|
|7.||"Break the Chains" (2005 reissue bonus track)||Greenwood, Hillage||3:31|
|8.||"Mixed Up Man of the Mountains (First version)" (2005 reissue bonus track)||Greenwood, Hillage||4:28|
- Steve Hillage – guitars, vocals
- Nick Greenwood – bass guitar, vocals
- Eric Peachey – drums
- Dave Stewart – organ, piano, celesta, marimbas
- David Anstey – sleeve design
- Pete Booth – engineer
- George Chkiantz – engineer
- Dave Grinstead – remixing
- Neil Slaven – producer
- Derek Varnals – engineer, remixing
Space Shanty is ranked number 67 on the Prog Archives Top Studio Albums of All-Time.
- Unterberger, Richie. Space Shanty review allmusic.com. Retrieved on 2010-02-27.
- Henderson, Paul (February 2005). "Khan 'Space Shanty'". Classic Rock. 76. London, UK: Future Publishing Ltd. p. 102.
- http://www.progarchives.com/top-prog-albums.asp?salbumtypes=1#list Progressive Rock Ultimate Discography. Retrieved on 2016-12-16.