Space Station 3D
|Space Station 3D|
|Directed by||Toni Myers|
|Produced by||Toni Myers|
|Written by||Toni Myers|
|Narrated by||Tom Cruise|
|Edited by||Toni Myers|
|Distributed by||IMAX Corporation|
|Box office||$127.6 million|
Space Station 3D (simply known as Space Station in 2D format) is a 2002 Canadian-American 3D short documentary film about the International Space Station written, produced, edited and directed by Toni Myers. Narrated by Tom Cruise, it is the first IMAX 3D production filmed in space.
Space Station 3D was the first 3D live-action film to be shot in space. Using advanced 3D technology, the film tells the story of the greatest engineering feat since a man landed on the Moon; the on-orbit assembly of the International Space Station as it travels 220 miles above the Earth at 17,500 mph. The film included sequences that portray the force of a rocket launch, look into the depths of space, experience life in zero gravity and accompany astronauts on a space walk."
The film is the highest-grossing film never to have placed in the top 10 domestic box office, grossing $93,269,403 domestically and $34,463,670 overseas for a total worldwide gross of $127,733,073.
Space Station 3D has received positive reviews. On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 87%, based on 23 reviews, with an average rating of 6.9/10. Metacritic gives the film a score of 69 out of 100, based on 13 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "SPACE STATION (U)". British Board of Film Classification. 2002-04-25. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on January 12, 2017. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- Space Station 3D at Box Office Mojo Retrieved June 7, 2015
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 14, 2012. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "Top Grossing Movies That Never Hit the Top 10 at the Box Office". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- "Space Station". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Space Station 3D". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Official website
- Space Station on IMDb
- Space Station at Box Office Mojo
- Space Station at Rotten Tomatoes
- Space Station at Metacritic
|This article about a short documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|