Outline of space technology
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to space technology:
Space technology – technology developed by space science or the aerospace industry for use in spaceflight, satellites, or space exploration. Space technology includes spacecraft, satellites, space stations, and support infrastructure, equipment, and procedures. Space is such a novel environment that attempting to work in it requires new tools and techniques. Many common everyday services such as weather forecasting, remote sensing, GPS systems, satellite television, and some long distance communications systems critically rely on space infrastructure. Of the sciences, astronomy and Earth science (via remote sensing) benefit from space technology. New technologies originating with or accelerated by space-related endeavors are often subsequently exploited in other economic activities.
- Types of satellites
- Specific satellites
- Satellite orbit
- Satellite-based services
Space exploration technology
Space flight technology
- Ablative heat shield
- Booster (rocketry)
- Reusable launch system—the Space Shuttle and X-37 are partially reusable spaceplanes; SpaceX is currently developing a set of reusable technologies to support booster reuse and second-stage reuse.
History of space technology
- History of satellite technology
Future space technologies
- Asteroid mining technology
- Space-based solar power
- Non-rocket spacelaunch
- Space manufacturing technology
- Lindsey, Clark (2013-04-29). "SpaceX moving quickly towards fly-back first stage". NewSpace Watch. Retrieved 2013-03-29. (subscription required (. ))
- Race2Space.org - Advancing the Privatization of Space Travel 2006, Race2Space, in partnership with the X Prize foundation, is seeking sponsorship in order to support the privatization of space travel, research, and exploration for the upcoming Lunar Landing Challenge Contestants October 2006."
- Space Shuttle - News and features about NASA research, aimed at the general public. Includes sections on astronomy, space science, beyond rocketry, living in space
- A Step Guide on Space Technology - Talent Leopard