Spain at the Rugby World Cup
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Spain's only Rugby World Cup appearance was in 1999 when they competed in Pool A against South Africa (Springboks), Scotland and Uruguay. Spain lost all three games, and finished the tournament ranked 18th out of 20 teams.
Spain has not hosted any Rugby World Cup games.
- 1987 Rugby World Cup – Not invited
- 1991 Rugby World Cup – Did not qualify.
- 1995 Rugby World Cup – Did not qualify.
- 1999 Rugby World Cup – Qualified as Europe 6 by beating Portugal 21-17.
- 2003 Rugby World Cup – Did not qualify. Spain lost to the United States 120-26 in aggregate in a two-match repechage.
- 2007 Rugby World Cup – Did not qualify. Spain lost to Romania 43-20 and Georgia 37-23 during European qualification.
- 2011 Rugby World Cup – Did not qualify. Spain finished 5th with a 2-8 record in the qualifying tournament, the 2008-10 European Nations Cup.
- 2015 Rugby World Cup – Did not qualify.
1999 Rugby World Cup
Pool 1 matches
Team Won Drawn Lost For Against Points South Africa 3 0 0 132 35 6 Scotland 2 0 1 120 58 4 Uruguay 1 0 2 42 97 2 Spain 0 0 3 18 122 0
|Uruguay||27 – 15||Spain|
|Tries: Diego Ormaechea, Alfonso Cardoso, Juan Menchaca
Con: Diego Aguirre, Federico Sciarra
Pen: Diego Aguirre
|Pen: Andrei Kovalenco (5)|
|South Africa||47 – 3||Spain|
|Tries: André Vos (2), Anton Leonard, Pieter Muller, Bob Skinstad, Werner Swanepoel
Con: Jannie de Beer (6)
|Pen: Ferran Velazco Querol|
|Scotland||48 – 0||Spain|
|Tries: Cameron Mather (2), James McLaren, Shaun Longstaff, Duncan Hodge, Cameron Murray
Con: Duncan Hodge (5)
Pen: Duncan Hodge
- Most Points Scored
- Most Points Conceded
- Worst Losing Margin
- Most Points
- Most Points in a Game
- Most Tries
- Most Drop Goals