Spalahores was mentioned on the coins of Vonones, as his brother, together with Spalahores' son Spalagadames.
Spalahores apparently did not strike coins on his own, but was mentioned on most of the coins of Vonones. He was probably identical with Spalirises (in Greek on the obverse legend of coins), who mints as king in the following period.
- The Shape of Ancient Thought. Comparative studies in Greek and Indian Philosophies by Thomas McEvilley (Allworth Press and the School of Visual Arts, 2002) ISBN 1-58115-203-5
- The Greeks in Bactria and India, W. W. Tarn, Cambridge University Press.
- From the dated inscription on the Rukhana reliquary
- An Inscribed Silver Buddhist Reliquary of the Time of King Kharaosta and Prince Indravarman, Richard Salomon, Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 116, No. 3 (Jul. - Sep., 1996), pp. 442 
- A Kharosthī Reliquary Inscription of the Time of the Apraca Prince Visnuvarma, by Richard Salomon, South Asian Studies 11 1995, Pages 27-32, Published online: 09 Aug 2010