|Directed by||Lal Jose|
|Written by||Benny P Nayarambalam|
Vinaya Prasad, Nelson(comedy actor)
Big Screen Productions
|Distributed by||PJ Entertainments Europe|
The location of the story is Spain, and hence the name of the movie. The story revolves around Charlie (Dileep), an illegal immigrant stranded in Madrid. To make things worse, he is conversant only in Malayalam. He gets a job as a cook in an Indian restaurant,as he has some experience in running a roadside eatery in his homeland, run by an expatriate, Majid. In the restaurant he is assigned with the task of serving up various types of dosas and, he comes up with a local variant named Spanish Masala. This turns out to be his passport to employment in the home of an ex-diplomat, who had earlier served in India. Here he meets the diplomat's daughter Camilla (Daniela Zacherl), who is visually impaired. She becomes a big time fan of Charlie's Spanish Masala. She is not on talking terms with her father, who is believed to have killed her Indian lover, Rahul (Kunchacko Boban), the son of her Malayali nanny, from whom she has learnt to speak Malayalam. Later Camilla starts to get closer to Charlie. Since he can imitate anyone's voice, one servant Pappan (Nelson) leads him to imitate Rahul's voice and keep Rahul's memory alive. After sometime, she recovers and starts seeing everything, but to see her, her dad is no more. A strange incident occurs when Rahul arrives for his funeral. One day, as per Menon's (Biju Menon) instruction, Charlie cleans Señor (Camilla's Dad)'s room. He finds a CD which Señor had seen before he died, and from that he finds out that Rahul was sent to Portugal to avoid the relationship between Camilla and Rahul, by paying him money by Señor. Again Rahul is spared by Charlie. As it goes, one day Menon enters a bar where he sees Rahul and another girl dancing together. He went to interrogate about it by following him, when he saw Rahul sitting with some goons and the girl. Later he researched on it, when he came to know that it wasn't a good life for Rahul in Portugal. He sold the factory which Señor offered him and he had taken loan from some goons for gambling and could not repay them. Camilla heard about it and she felt sorrow that she was keeping a crooked lover in her mind. Later Camilla and Menon go back to Kerala, India to fix marriage between Charlie and Camilla. 
- Dileep as Charlie
- Kunchacko Boban as Rahul
- Daniela Zacherl as Camilla
- Biju Menon as Menon
- Vinaya Prasad as Rahul's mother
- Kalaranjini as Theresa; Charlie's mother
- Nelson as Pappan
- Archana Kavi as Lily (Charlie's sister) - Cameo
- Nivin Pauly as Mathews (Lily's husband) - Cameo
Most of the film was shot in Madrid, the capital of Spain. One song was shot in Vienna, the capital of Austria, and the remaining portions were shot in Cochin and Alappuzha districts of Kerala. The film portrays several Spanish arts, festivals and sports such as bullfighting, flamenco dance and La Tomatina which was the real la tomatina festival shot for the first time in Indian cinema. Daniela Zacherl, the female lead, is an Austrian model. She replaced Amy Jackson who had to drop out due to conflicts with Ekk Deewana Tha.
Spanish Masala received mixed reviews.
|1||"Akkare Ninnoru"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sujatha Mohan|
|2||"Aareyuthiyatho"||Karthik, Shreya Ghoshal|
|3||"Hayyo Hayyo"||Yazin nizar, Franco|
|4||"Irulil Oru"||Udit Narayan, Vidyasagar|
- 'Spanish Masala' from tomorrow – Malayalam Movie News. IndiaGlitz (2012-01-19). Retrieved on 2012-12-23.
- Hooli, Shekhar. (2011-07-23) Daniela Zacherl replaces Amy Jackson in Dileep's Spanish Masala – Oneindia Entertainment. Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved on 2012-12-23.
- "സ്പാനിഷ് വിശേഷങ്ങള്". Mathrubhumi.com (2011-12-21). Retrieved on 2012-12-23.
- Daniela Zacherl replaces Amy Jackson – Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2011-07-26). Retrieved on 2012-12-23.
- Movies |. Manorama Online. Retrieved on 2012-12-23.
- "Dileep starts shooting for Spanish Masala". TOI. August 5, 2011.
- Spanish Masala – Music Review (Malayalam Movie Soundtrack) |Vidyasagar |Dileep |Kunchacko Boban. Music Aloud (2011-12-14). Retrieved on 2012-12-23.