Spanish royal sites
The royal sites (Spanish: reales sitios) are a set of palaces, monasteries, and convents built for and under the patronage of the Spanish monarchy. They are administered by Patrimonio Nacional (National Heritage), a Spanish state agency; most are open to the public, at least in part, except when they are needed for state or official events.
Here is a list of the Patrimonio Nacional royal sites, with the provinces where they are located.
- Royal Palace of Madrid (Madrid) (official residence of the King)
- Royal Seat of San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Royal Castle & Monastery of El Escorial (Madrid)
- Royal Palace of El Pardo (Madrid)
- Palace of Zarzuela (Madrid) (de facto residence of the King and Royal Family, part of the larger El Pardo complex)
- Royal Palace of Aranjuez (Madrid)
- Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso (Segovia)
- Royal Palace of Riofrío (Segovia)
- Royal Palace of La Almudaina (Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands)
Royal convents and monasteries
- Convent of Las Descalzas Reales (Madrid)
- Royal Convent of La Encarnación (Madrid)
- Royal Convent of Santa Clara (Valladolid)
- Abbey of Santa Maria la Real de Huelgas (Burgos)
- Benedictine Abbey of Santa Cruz del Valle de los Caídos (Madrid)
Sanctuaries under royal patronage
- Pantheon of Illustrious Men (Madrid)
- Convent of San Pascual (Madrid)
- Convent of Santa Isabel (Madrid)
- Colegio de Doncellas Nobles (Toledo)
Other royal sites residences
These current or historical royal residences are well known but are not administered by Patrimonio Nacional:
- Royal Alcázar of Seville under the care of Patronato del Real Alcázar de Sevilla.
- Royal Alcázar of Segovia, administered by the Patronato del Alcázar de Segovia
- Albéniz Palace (the King's official residence in Catalonia) in the city of Barcelona, under the care of Generalitat of Catalonia.
- Marivent Palace (the King's summer residence) in Palma de Mallorca, under the care of Government of the Balearic Islands.
- Valladolid Royal Palace (Valladolid, Castile)
- Royal Residence of La Mareta (Lanzarote, Canary Islands)
- Palacio del Buen Retiro, Madrid - historical, destroyed
- San Jeronimo el Real, Church/Monastery, Madrid