2.0.1 / December 22, 2017
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS (on hold), Android (On hold)|
|Type||Online backup service|
SparkleShare is an open-source cloud storage and file synchronization client app. By default, it uses Git as a storage backend. SparkleShare is comparable to Dropbox, but the cloud storage can be provided by the user's own server, or a hosted solution such as GitHub. The advantage of self-hosting is that the user retains absolute control over their own data. In the simplest case, self-hosting only requires SSH and Git. SparkleShare's support for both Android and iOS devices is on hold due to the lack of developer resources.
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Comparison of file synchronization software
- Comparison of online backup services
- "Sparkleshare – A Great Open Source Alternative To Dropbox". Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- "Drop Your Dropbox and SparkleShare Instead!". Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- "SparkleShare - Set up a host". Archived from the original on May 4, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "Issue #1485". Retrieved 26 March 2014 – via GitHub.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|