Spartanburg Community College
SCC's Downtown Campus
|Type||Public, 2 Year|
|President||Henry C. Giles|
|Address||107 Community College Drive, Spartanburg, SC, Spartanburg, SC, USA
Lat: 34.9755, Long: -81.989200
|Campus||Suburban, 104 acres (42.1 ha).|
Spartanburg Community College (SCC) (Formerly Spartanburg Technical College or Spartanburg Tech), is a public, suburban, two-year comprehensive, open-admission institution of higher education serving the citizens of Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties in Upstate South Carolina. The College advances economic development of the region through programs, services and partnerships that address emerging and continuing employment needs in a rapidly changing global environment. The College promotes lifelong learning and helps students reach their personal and professional goals. A name change took effect in late 2006, with the "Technical" being dropped, and is now known as Spartanburg Community College.
In summer 2009, SCC announced plans for a downtown Spartanburg presence, utilizing the historic Evans Building. The goal was to provide a campus that would offer convenient access for under-served city residents. Classes began at the Downtown Campus in Fall 2013 after building renovations were completed.
Spartanburg Community College has multiple locations:
- Spartanburg Campus (Main Location), in Spartanburg County, South Carolina
- Tyger River Campus in Duncan, South Carolina
- Cherokee County Campus in Gaffney, South Carolina
- Union County Advanced Technology Center in Union, South Carolina
- Downtown Campus in Spartanburg, South Carolina
- "SCC Downtown Campus Initiative". Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- Spartanburg Community College Official Website
- Aerial Image of the Main Campus
- Corporate & Community Education at Spartanburg Community College Corporate & Community Education Official Website
- Corporate & Community Education Blog of Corporate & Community Education at Spartanburg Community College: Tomorrow's Job Skills Today