Speak (Hungarian rapper)
|Birth name||Tamás Deák|
|Also known as||
May 31, 1976|
|Genres||Hip hop, political hip hop|
|Years active||2000s - present|
Tamás Deák (born May 31, 1976), better known by his stage name Speak, is a rap artist, model and actor based in Hungary. He gained considerable fame after the music video for his 2003 anti-war song, "Stop the War", became popularized through video sharing websites. Speak currently lives in London, England.
"Stop the War"
Speak is known primarily for his 2003 rap single "Stop the War". A video for this single appeared on YouTube, and featured other semi-famous musicians. Various commentators labeled the song as unintentional humor. The song and music video were parodied on Saturday Night Live in a sketch starring Beck Bennett titled "World Peace Rap", broadcast 7th May 2017.
- Index.hu - Képek - Speak
- http://velvet.hu/celeb/hcdb/adatlap/speak/ (in Hungarian)
- "Speak, a magyar rapper szombaton adja első koncertjét." Index, 30 August 2007. (Hungarian)
- "Szponzort keres világzenéjéhez Speak, a 'Hungarian rapper'". Videók. HVG Online. 13 June 2007. (Hungarian).
- "Serious Hungarian Rap Song -- Unintentional Mind-Blowing Hilarity!!!". Digg. 16 February 2007.
- "Chris Pine, Kellyanne Conway, and Star Trek: 'Saturday Night Live' Recap". Inquisitr. May 7, 2017. Retrieved May 8, 2017.
- http://www.speakmusic.hu/ Speak's Official Site
|This article about a Hungarian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to hip hop music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|