Speak Like a Child (song)
|"Speak Like a Child"|
|Single by The Style Council|
|from the album Introducing The Style Council|
|Released||11 March 1983|
|The Style Council singles chronology|
"Speak Like a Child" is the debut single from The Style Council, released on March 11, 1983 and was included on the album, Introducing The Style Council later in 1983. Backed with "Party Chambers", it became a hit, peaking at number 4 on the UK Singles Chart. Band members Paul Weller and Mick Talbot were already well-known from their previous bands, The Jam and The Merton Parkas, respectively. It has remained one of their most enduring hits.
The single also features Tracie Young, who had just signed to Weller's Respond Records label, on backing vocals.
As well as the song's single release, it has featured on various Style Council compilation albums. The song was included on The Singular Adventures of The Style Council, The Complete Adventures of The Style Council, and Greatest Hits.
- 7" single (TSC1, TSC 1, 810 873-7)
- "Speak Like a Child" - 3:15
- "Party Chambers" - 3:20
Credits are adapted from the album's liner notes.
- Paul Weller - lead vocals, guitars
- Mick Talbot - keyboards
- Zeke Manyika - drums
- Tracie Young - backing vocals
|Australian Singles Chart||29|
|UK Singles Chart||4|
- "Paul Weller Returns with Style Council". Record. 2 (8): 1. June 1983.
- "The Style Council : Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Introducing The Style Council liner notes. Polydor Records. 1983.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 537. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|