Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Comune di Specchia|
|• Mayor||Antonio Biasco|
|• Total||24.74 km2 (9.55 sq mi)|
|Elevation||131 m (430 ft)|
(31 December 2010)
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Nicholas of Bari|
|Saint day||Second Sunday in May|
- Mother Church (15th century)
- Church of the Francescani Neri (early 16th century)
- Baroque church of Assunta
- Church of San Nicola di Mira, founded in the 11th century but largely rebuilt in the 16th century, when it was converted to the Latin rite from the Byzantine one
- Church of Santa Eufemia (9th-10th century)
- Dominican church and convent
- Palazzo Risolo (16th century), occupying the former site of the medieval castle
- Palazzo Ripa (17th century)
The football team of the town is the A.S.D. ARMANDO PICCHI SPECCHIA that competes in the "girone B magliese" of the Seconda Categoria. It was founded in the 1970.
Specchia is twinned with:
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Population from Istat