|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2013)|
Speccy on Windows 8
|Initial release||23 April 2010|
|Stable release||1.28.709 / 23 January 2015|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
Speccy, developed by Piriform, is a freeware utility software and runs under Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP for both IA-32 and x64 versions of these operating systems, which allows the user to see information about hardware and software of the computer. The information displayed by Speccy includes processor brand and model, hard drive size and speed, amount of memory (RAM), information about graphics card and operating system. Speccy is for seeing what kind of hardware is present in a system and how it is being used.
Lifehacker stated in 2009 that among similar tools, Speccy was the "cleanest and most detailed one we've used yet." Download Squad described the software as "[though] not as detailed as some other system information tools, Speccy still provides a good deal of essential information and gathers it quickly." In 2010, PC World stated that the beta test version "gives you a remarkable amount of technical detail" that is "more comprehensive than other tools like Systeminfo". In its 2012 review Softpedia rated version 1.24.632 four stars (of five).
- "Blog Piriform". Piriform. Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- "Version History". Piriform. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Download Speccy". Piriform. Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- Mathews, Lee (January 8, 2010). "Speccy is a handy, portable system information tool from the makers of CCleaner". Download Squad. Huffington Post. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Speccy Main page". Piriform. Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- Gralla, Preston (October 11, 2010). "Speccy". PC World. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Gordon, Whitson (November 10, 2009). "Speccy Gives You Detailed Information About Your Hardware". Lifehacker. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Popa, Bogdan (January 29, 2013). "Speccy 1.24.632 - Softpedia Editor's Review for Speccy". Softpedia. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
Editor's Rating 4.0/5
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|