Special Delivery (1976 film)
|Directed by||Paul Wendkos|
|Produced by||Richard Berg|
|Written by||John Melson
James Edward Grant
|Music by||Lalo Schifrin|
|Cinematography||Harry Stradling Jr.|
|Edited by||Houseley Stevenson Jr.|
|Distributed by||American International Pictures|
A gang of thieves plan a daring bank robbery, making their escape across the rooftops of Los Angeles. The police are quickly called in, however, and only one of the robbers, Murdock, makes a clean getaway. Unfortunately, in order to do so, he is forced to dump the stolen cash into a mailbox, which he then finds is locked until midnight, forcing him to wait until the mailman makes his late night pickup. As he waits, he discovers that his hiding place has been observed by several other people, all of whom want a share of the loot.
- Bo Svenson as Jack Murdock.
- Cybill Shepherd as Mary Jane
- Tom Atkins as Zabelski
- Sorrell Booke as Hubert Zane
- Gerrit Graham as Swivot
- Michael C. Gwynne as Graff
Vincent Canby of the New York Times was not amused: "Michael C. Gwynne has some good moments as a junkie, but neither Paul Wendkos, who directed the film, nor Don Gazzaniga, who wrote it, is very adept at melodrama and action. The film ends in a car chase of the sort that makes you realize that the screeching of tires has become the most overused and boring sound in movies today."
- Jean-Marc Rocher, IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075250/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
- Vincent Canby, "A Caper That Fails to Deliver Action" Jan. 13, 1977 http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9B0DE2DB133FE334BC4B52DFB766838C669EDE